Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beginning - Again

Night sky, marcasite with stars
overstrewn and fighting for position...

I've just revisited this blogsite that I abandoned unintentionally last April. I was surprised to see that it was so hard to find due to its inactivity, so I begin again...
I am sitting here in front of a long and slanted window, much like a picture frame. The rain has streaked it and through the streaks I see the long dark silhouettes of the tree tops. This space is high up over a garage and has the feel of a treehouse. I look up and out into the treeline and into the sky above it...the view so interesting to me because there is no ground from up here. These windows are skylights set into slanted ceilings...my desk set under the largest.
In the mornings, I watch the crows fly across the window's frame and settle into the branches just outside my reach. At night, I see the moon and stars directly in front of me, no stretching of my neck to scan upward. It's all here for the easy viewing, a fresh perspective that I might not see if I were two floors down.

The light darkens into evening... drifting into the night sky, I set these last few words gently into place....

No comments: