Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mutterings




Sitting here trying to decide what I want to write about, squeeze into a square, post to the www, save for posterity...and again it happens. I think too much, ponder too long, and finally exhaust the time I'd meant to spend working on the blog. Maybe I should just post a few more photos of the brilliant sunsets and cloud masses that are a Blessed trademark of Long Island's Autumn. The light is amazing...the colors breathtaking...I hold my camera over my head and frame shots through the LED. Water reflects the jewel tones and clouds. People are silhouettes... reading, walking, standing thigh-high in the water casting their lines, reeling them in...dream time. The photos always surprise me when I download them...what has been captured. Some appear impressionistic, almost as if they were paintings rather than photos...
Today it is overcast, not a good hunting day for light surprises...the leaves are turning color...it has been unseasonably warm...this spell of Indian Summer...
If the weather holds, tonight we will light a fire outdoors, sit together in circle and expand this time, this space, a little longer...

No comments: